|Approximate Duration||26 days + Portfolio|
|Starting On||6th June 2022|
If you are interested in any of our training courses, as a starting point, you need to talk us and we will advise of the best path for your particular needs. We would be happy to arrange an appointment for you to meet with us & view our facilities or why not join our mailing list for news & course updatesGet in Touch
This CCTS Managed Learning programme (MLP) is the first of its kind to be offered in Northern Ireland allowing a Non apprentice route for adult learners (over 18 years) to start the Journey in becoming fully recognised Qualified electrician. This MLP is recommended for New Entrants or Experienced Electricians who do not have Formal Qualifications (but have access to a fully qualified Electrical on site Mentor for work experience and supervision whilst building an onsite Evidence based Portfolio) to achieve a recognised Level 3 Domestic Electrical Certificate (RQF 601/8776/0) through a tailored practical training and assessment programme.
Suitable for Adult learners who wish to start working in the electrical trade and work towards becoming registered with a competent person scheme (CPS) as a Domestic Electrical Installer. Registering with a CPS (such as NICEIC or NAPIT) allows the installer to self-certify their work and for the CPS to issue a building control compliance certificate directly to the customer (only required for notifiable tasks).
The full course is recommended for those with little or no electrical knowledge but who are adept at practical and manual tasks and have basic numeracy skills. Training will provide the required knowledge and practical skills to be able to install electrical installations within domestic dwellings and, most importantly, to be able to install, inspect, test and certificate work to the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations BS7671:2018. More experienced Entrants will be offered a free skills scan to establish which elements of the programme they would need to attend to ensure skills gaps are analysed and filled for experienced operatives (i.e. those with over 5 years verifiable experience);
Candidates can use the free skill scan at the start of this course and/or all or part of this qualification as a stepping stone to later apply for the City & Guilds 2346 Experienced Worker NVQ Level 3 (largely Portfolio Evidence Based) which, if successful allows candidates to complete the final AM2 assessment (by Others). This course, in Stage 5 will cover and demonstrate how to build a Portfolio onsite.
Completing you MLP with CCTS has many advantages including:-
* We are officially licenced & certified by LCL Awards to teach & assess this qualification which is currently listed as meeting the standards of the EAS Management committee who set Standards for persons who undertake Electrotechnical work.
* The course is modular and our Price includes additional City & Guilds certificates for 18th Edition (2382-18) & Initial Inspection & Testing (2391-51) which are Industry recognised. This qualification also includes (where relevant) a FREE Skills scan based on City & Guilds 2346 Experience worker qualification.
* We are easily contacted and do not leave our students in Limbo whilst they are in the field completing their Portfolio of Evidence.
* We offer an interest free Staged payment programme
* We offer recognised Certificates (*For new entrants only & those not having previous recognition of Learning "RPL") which are highly desirable to future employers. *Certificates issued include:-
* Working Safely (approved by RoSPA & IIRSM)
* Basic Fire Safety Awareness (approved by IIRSM, IFE & CPD)
* Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate (QCF)
* Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (approved by CPD)
* Manual Handling (approved by IIRSM & CPD)
* Working at Heights & safe use of steps
* Aluminium Mobile Towers
* Asbestos Awareness (approved by IIRSM & CPD)
* Control of Substance Hazardous to Health (COSHH) (approved by IIRSM)
* Domestic Electrical Installer (In-house)
* City & Guilds 18th Edition 2382-18
* City & Guilds Initial Verification 2391-51
* Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
Note: Certificates are issued as the learner successfully completes their Modules (Sessions)
The following training and assessment packages are certificated by LCL Awards to industry led standards.
|Qualification Title:||LCL Awards Level 3 Certificate In Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings|
|LCL Qualification Code:||ITCEID21|
|RQF Qualification Code:|
|Level and Credit Value:||Level: 3 Credit Value: 27|
|Guided Learning Hours:||224 GLH 270 TQT|
|Qualification Certificate Expiry:||None|
This regulated qualification is for learners that wish to demonstrate their skills and knowledge as a Qualified Supervisor for Competent Person Schemes in the UK. It is based primarily on BS7671 (Requirements for Electrical Installations. IET Wiring Regulations) along with other relevant regulations.
The qualification provides under pinning knowledge to comply with current legislation and the requirements laid out in the Electrotechnical Assessment Specification document.
Please see Qualification Specification
There are no formal pre-requisites to this qualification but it is recommended that candidates should have suitable knowledge of electrical theory, ideally be working within the electrical industry and have access to a qualified mentor in order to complete this qualification.
Candidates should contact their local centre for further advice and guidance on suitability to undertake the qualification.
|Related links and support material:||The IETElectrical Safety CouncilNAPIT Competent Person Scheme|