The following elements are covered:
- Identify basic systems, terms, principles, units and how these relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants
- Identify the causes and effects of global warming and climate change
- Identify causes and effects of ozone depletion
- Identify stationary refrigerant, air conditioning and heat pump system components, functions and leakage risk
- Identify the hazards and safe working practices for the installation, commissioning and handling of refrigerants
- Fabricate and examine pipework
- Undertake pressure testing, evacuation and record completion
- Undertake refrigerant charging, leak checking and record keeping
- Undertake recovery of refrigerant and oil and prepare for disposal
The F-Gas assessment consists of a multiple choice question paper, taken online and a practical assessment.
EU Mutual Recognition:
Article 10 of the EU F-Gas Regulation, (EU) 517/2014, requires that Member States give mutual recognition to certification of suitable qualifications from other EU countries.
The conditions for mutual recognition are set out in Article 10 of Commission Regulation (EU) 2015/2067.
In GB & NI, the EU F-Gas Regulation is implemented by the Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases Regulations 2015 (SI No. 310) & NI (SI No. 425). LCL Awards is a named personnel certification and evaluation body as set out in Part 3, Article 8(1) and (NI Part 2, Article 6(1)) of these Regulations, which relate to the certification and evaluation bodies for the purposes of Article 4 of Commission Regulation (EU 2015/2067 (issue and contents of certificates).
Confirmation can be viewed on the Gov.Uk web site here
Note: These UK qualifications may not be Valid in the EU - please read