|Approximate Duration||Dependant on Experience|
|Starting On||26th July 2021|
If you are interested in any of our training courses, as a starting point, you need to talk us and we will advise of the best path for your particular needs. We would be happy to arrange an appointment for you to meet with us & view our facilities or why not join our mailing list for news & course updatesJoin our mailing list
CCTS are licenced to offer the LCL Awards Managed Learning Programme (MLP) is;
The MLP programme consists of both centre based guided learning and 'on the job' gas work experience, gained whilst under the supervision of a registered gas installer, acting as the candidates mentor. (CCTS *guarantee to arrange Real Work Placements with candidates undertaking DNGA3 Service & Maintenance route only. Students wishing to undertake other routes than DNGA3 Service & Maintenance will have to source their own Gas Safe Registered Mentor for the on site work experience)
Successful completion of our packages' includes ACS Qualifications which you will need to become Gas Safe Registered
The MLP programme is an entry route into the following industry sectors:
* For DNGA3 only
• You will have access to our digital, on-line Managed Learning Programme (MLP) Portfolio and an Independent Mentor to assist you with your on-site Portfolio build. This E-Portfolio will be used to collate the on-site evidence required by the Awarding Body.
• *If you do not have a Gas Safe Registered engineer to mentor you, we will endeavour to set you up with one. We guarantee to refund any money you have spent with us during the course, if we fail to match you to a Gas Safe Registered engineer (applies to DNGA3 Service & Maintenance route only)
• Please note that this will be a private arrangement between you and them and you will have to provide your own travel & expense
Completing you MLP with CCTS has many advantages including:-
* We are officially certified & recognised by IGEM (Institute of Gas Engineers & Managers) as meeting the standards of IGEM/IG/1 Standards in gas work
* Our Price includes the additional ACS Assessments required to become Gas Safe Registered (worth over £ 800 + VAT)
* We are easily contacted and do not leave our students in Limbo whilst they are in the field completing their Portfolio of Evidence. We offer a dedicated Portfolio building mentor who will assist and steer you through the on-site portfolio evidence process.
* We offer an interest free Staged payment programme
* We Can arrange and Guarantee for a Gas Safe Registered Mentor for your on site Work Experience & portfolio Build (DNGA3 Domestic Boilers CCN1 & CENWAT only)
* We offer FREE re-training and one free assessment per module should a learner fail (subject to our terms and conditions)
* We offer recognised Certificates (*For new entrants only) which are highly desirable to future employers. *Certificates issued include:-
* Working Safely (approved by RoSPA & IIRSM)
* Slips, Trips & Falls (approved by RoSPA & CPD)
* Basic Fire Safety Awareness (approved by IIRSM, IFE & CPD)
* Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate (QCF)
* Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (approved by CPD)
* Manual Handling (approved by IIRSM & CPD)
* Working at Heights & safe use of steps
* Aluminium Mobile Towers
* Asbestos Awareness (approved by IIRSM & CPD)
* Fire Extinguishers (approved by RoSPA & CPD)
* Control of Substance Hazardous to Health (COSHH) (approved by IIRSM)
* Domestic Pipework Knowledge & Understanding
* Cylinders. Valves, pumps & Emitters
* Water Regulations Certificate (approved by LCL Awards)
* Basic Heating & Hot Water System Design Foundation Certificate (approved by LCL Awards)
* Protective Equipotential Bonding
* Safe Isolation Procedure for Electrical Installations (approved by LCL Awards)
* Foundation Certificate in Basic Heating (approved by LCL Awards)
* MLP Formal Gas Training completion certificate
* ACS Qualification Certificate (approved by LCL Awards)
** Certificates are issued as the learner successfully completes their Modules (Sessions)
Learners will be trained in the areas appropriate to the programme entry route chosen above: These may cover:-
Learners will undertake formative assessments as they progress through their programme and must successfully complete a summative assessment on completion.
Once the centre has confirmed that the learner has completed the MLP and met the on-site sufficiency of evidence requirements, a Training Completion Certificate will be issued to the learner.
On receipt of their certificate learners are eligible to register for ACS assessments covered by the content of the MLP undertaken.
The LCL Managed Learning Programme is designed for both new entrant learners into the gas industry and those who claim to have some prior experience and knowledge of the Building Engineering Services industry sector.
Learners will be expected to have key skills Level 1 English & Mathematics.
All learners applying for the MLP will undertake an initial assessment of their learning needs to ensure that they are able to complete the program and progress to ACS assessment.
All learners will be required to access 'on the job' gas work experience, gained whilst under the supervision of a registered gas installer, acting as the candidates mentor.